It just so happened that I made trip to Kuala Lumpur and Singapore just a month after my last trip there. I know, repetitive. We mainly had to go because my sister’s wedding’s coming up and she had some shoppinz to do. As for me, I always have some shoppinz to do. I will take any chance I have to do some shoppinz. I love shoppinz. Shoppinz is great. I’m also going to include some shoppinz I did before and after this glorious shoppinz trip. Shoppinz is officially my new favorite word.
In this post I’m going to talk about:
- What I bought
- Why I bought it
- Food, for just a little bit.
This was my second asian beauty haul, and I’m glad that this time around I had a lot more ingredient awareness and knowledge on which products are the duddiest of duds. But I still made some biased purchases…hey I’m a human being…leave me alone…okay no don’t, I need someone to talk to about this haul, stay while you secretly judge me!
I had ordered some super cute and super cool things online around August and when they arrived, I did around 47.65 excited jumps silently screaming.
- The cutest 3DSXL stylus ever.
- A cute little bottle of the Big Sexy Hair Powder Play.
I lost my 3DSXL stylus, which was something I promised myself I’d never do…but I couldn’t keep it. I punished myself by purchasing a $12 stylus and I made myself feel better by purchasing a $12 RILAKKUMA(!!!!) stylus.
I got the Powder Play because I’m on the hunt for a hair product that will resurrect this lifeless and limp hair of mine without having to apply heat. Liking this product very much! While it doesn’t give me volume that turns heads, it’s great for everyday.
That was the appetizer, I hope your body is ready for the main course, cause it’s as grand as a meal at the Cheesecake Factory. And by grand I mean an unnecessarily large haul, or maybe not large enough…? Hehehehe.
No but seriously it is IMPOSSIBLE to finish a main course there. Man, the portions are huge.
From Innisfree I got:
- Green Tea Fresh Cream – 1
- The Green Tea Seed Serum – 1
- The Green Tea Seed eye cream – 1
- Eco Beauty Tool 100% Natural Jelly Jeju Cleansing Sponge – 2
- Aloe and Tea Tree Capsule Recipe sleeping pack – 1
- Bija and Tea Tree Capsule Recipe wash off pack – 1
- It’s Real Squeeze sheet masks in Rose – 2
- Green Tea Mineral Mist (150ml) – 1
- Jeju Volcanic Pore Lotion – 1
From BAEtude House I got:
- Real Art Mild cleansing oil – 2
- Dust Cut face mist – 2
- The Aloe Moistfull Soothing cream – 1
- My Beauty Tool Basic Care cotton pads – 6
- I Need You, Lemon sheet mask – 3
- Need You, Royal Jelly sheet mask – 2
- I Need You, Hyaluronic Acid sheet mask – 1
- I Need You, Bamboo sheet mask – 1
- AC Clinic Intense Pink Powder Spot – 1
- AC Clinic Intense Pink Powder Spot Patch – 2
- I Need You, Yogurt wash off packs – 1
- I Need You, Honey wash off packs – 1
- Silk Scarf Damage 2x Argan Seed hair masks – 2
- Sunprise Mild Watery Light sunscreen SPF 50 PA+++ – 1
From Watson’s I got:
- Naruko Rose and Botanic HA Aqua Cubic Hydrator EX – 1
- LoveMore Pearl Barley and Milk sheet mask – 1
- Naruko Rose and Botanic HA sheet masks – 2
- Hada Labo Gokyujun foam cleanser – 1
- My Scheming Crystal Whitening and Brightening Eye Mask -1
- NRK Bunga Raya Snow White Ice Cooling Mask Sheet – 1
- Sunplay SPF80 PA+++ UV Body Mist Sunscreen – 1
- Neutrogena Norwegian Formula SPF15 Lip Moisturizer – 1
- Travel size Batiste Dry Shampoo, Original scent – 1
- Peach Sake Emulsion – 1
From Selectiv by Sasa
- My Beauty Diary Aloe Sheet mask – A box of 12
- BRTC Make Over Mask Purity – 1
- BRTC Make Over Mask Temptation – 1
- Soo Beaute Black Pearl Hydrogel mask – 1
- Skinlite Royal Jelly Essence mask – 1
- Skinlite Collagen Eye Zone Mask – 3
- Hada Labo Gokujyun foam cleanser – 1
- Skinlite Oxygen Bubble Mask – 1
- Mediheal Trouble Smart laser Mask – 2
- Ettang Propolis Modeling Mask – 1
- Ettang Acerola Modeling Mask – 1
From The Face Shop:
- Sebum Control Moisture Sun – 1
- – Kiehl’s Blue Herbal Lotion – 1
- Pureness 100 sheet masks in Hyaluronic Acid, Snail and Green Tea. – 1 each
- I’m Real sheet masks in Makgeolli, Tomato and Seaweed. – 1 each
From The Body Shop:
- Fuji Green Tea Body Scrub – 1
- Peach Body Butter – 1
From my local Korean/Asian supermarket:
- Dermal sheet masks in Red Ginseng, Cherry Blossom, SynAke, Bee Venom and Gold. – 1 each
From the interwebs:
- Cosrx Natural BHA Skin Returning A-Sol – 1
- Cosrx Advanced Snail 96 Mucin Power Essence – 1
- Batiste Dry Shampoo in Tropical – 1
- Epiduo gel (0.1% Adapalene, 2.5% Benzoyl Peroxide)
- Topicil (Clyndamycin phosphate topical solution equivalent USP to 1% w/v Clindamycin)
- Lactacyd Liquid cleanser (pH3.5 for ma body)
- Charcoal Peel Off mask – 1
Stuff I got for free:
- Avène Thermal Spring Water Mist 50ml – 2
- Avène Cleanance Gel Cleanser – 2
- Innisfree Whitening Pore special kit
- Innisfree Aloe Revital Sleeping Pack sample
- Innisfree The Green Tea Seed Serum and Cream samples
- Etude House Pearl Aura Brightening Essence samples
- Etude House Brush Shower Cleaner deluxe sample
- Etude House Precious Mineral BB Cream sample
- Etude House Dream On Loose Powder in Apricot Beige
- Kiehl’s Micro Blur Skin Perfector Samples
- Kiehl’s Acne Blemish Control Daily Skin Clearing Treatment
- Kiehl’s Iris Activating Treatment Essence deluxe sample and sachet
- Kiehl’s Daily Reviving Concentrate facial oil sample
- Kiehl’s Ultra Facial Toner samples
- Kiehl’s Blue Herbal Astringent Lotion deluxe sample
- Kiehl’s Ultra Facial Oil Free Gel Cream sample
- TonyMoly Aquaporin Toner and Cream samples
- TonyMoly AC Control Toner and Emulsion samples
- TonyMoly Banana Sleeping Pack samples
- Etude House Petit Bijou Body Wash and Body Lotion deluxe samples
- The Face Shop Power Long Lasting Sun Cream samples
- Laneige Perfect Pore Cleansing Oil sample
- Laneige Water Bank Essence EX samples
- Laneige Water Bank Gel Cream EX samples
- Shu Uemura Cleansing Oil sample
Innisfree The Green Tea Seed Eye Cream and Serum:
I desperately needed an eye cream, and the Green Tea Seed one felt perfect! Smelled great too. I got the Green Tea Seed serum because I loved the sample Innisfree Singapore gave me as my member initiation ritual present and I was hankering for more antioxidants. Never enough antioxidants for my face, much like there’s never enough Siu Mai dumplings for my soul, and there’s really not enough.
Innisfree Green Tea Fresh Cream and Etude House Aloe Moistfull Soothing Cream:
I got the Green Tea Fresh Cream and Aloe Moistfull Soothing Cream because I needed AM and PM moisturizers and they fit the bill. I also really wanted an Innisfree jar AND an Etude House moistfull jar. Remember, judge secretly.
Also can I just talk about how amazing the salespeople are at Innisfree Singapore? This amazing saleslady with the cutest hair was telling me how the Rose sheet masks were her pre special day essentials because it made her glow. We inevitably became BFFs and chatted about our skincare routines and why I bought 6 boxes of cotton pads from Etude House instead of getting them from Watson’s (Asian drugstore heaven). I regret not asking her for her Instagram so we could be BFFs for F.
Innisfree 100% Natural Jelly Jeju Cleansing Sponge:
I wanted to up my cleansing game. Can you blame me? (Also, I’m still not sure how to use them without drowning in airy foam and water running down my elbows, halp.)
Etude House Sunprise Mild Watery Light SPF50 PA+++ and The Face Shop Sebum Control Moisture Sun SPF40 PA+++:
I’m on a hunt for a nice white cast free sunscreen that doesn’t make my face McGreasy. So I got the TFS and Etude sunscreens
Etude House I Need You Yogurt and I Need You Honey Wash Off packs and
I wanted more wash off masks in my life, which was why I got the honey and yogurt ones and also mega cuteness was helping the decision be made. Also, BOGOF sale yasssssss!
Etude House Dust Cut Facial Mist:
The deluxe sample of the dust cut mist I got the last time I hauled from Etude House, I loved every tiny droplet of. Samples are probably one of the best ways to help increase sales. Yay samples! Also, Etude House Malaysia salespeople are also super friendly. Two of them actually remembered me! It’s hard to forget someone who spent near $200 at their store at once and then came back to spend moar. She was even nice enough to keep aside the last of the dust cut mists for me! The best part was they were having that amazing buy 1 free 1 sale so 1 dust cut mist = another dust cut mist. Oh yeah baby, bring on them savinz.
Etude House Real Art Mild Cleansing Oil:
I needed a cleansing oil that was somewhat lightweight, and this was on sale for Etude House Malaysia members (it was the last day of the sale too, because the BOGOF started the next day.) so I quickly became one by spending RM80(around $20) on the sunscreen and a sheet mask and the RM105(around $26) cleansing oil became RM50(around $12)! So obviously I got two.
Etude House My Beauty Tool Basic Care Cotton Pads:
I craved cotton pads like the ones that came with the Wonder Pore Freshner, much like the ones that come with the Skinfood Black Sugar First Serum, which were also on sale for like not even a dollar. Score. I do slightly regret not getting them from Etude House Malaysia, but the Singapore sales were too good and I was doubting if they’d have it in stock or not. I don’t think I paid more than I would’ve if I bought it from KL, so win either way.
Innisfree It’s Real Squeeze Rose sheet masks and capsule recipe packs:
Inniafree Jeju Volcanic Pore Lotion:
Samples are once again an effective method of increasing future sales. This lotion/emulsion is wonderfully light and is the best for layering under a gel cream on more humid days. Me Pops went to Singapore for work things so I told him to get it for me from the airport. Only S$19 aka $13.45! It also smells like something I want to buy and spritz on me 24/7.
Innisfree Green Tea Mineral Mist:
I tried it at the Innisfree store at Takashimaya and my brain defeated my enabling heart..ha! Shouldn’t have looked the other way, Brain! The heart wants what the heart wants, much like Selena Gomez. And the Innisfree mist kept singing ‘If you want it come and get it na na na..’ And I got it at the Changi Airport for S$11 which is like $7.8 so I had no choice but to snag it.
TL;DR: Hydrating most that smells nice and it is supafine. It’s also a super fine mist.
Etude House Hair and Sheet Masks:
A) Buy 1 free 1 sale
B) Cute packaging
C) Need for hydration
D) The water in my house makin’ my hair all rough
Naruko Rose and Botanic HA Aqua Cubic Hydrator EX:
I’ve always wanted to try this brand because of the amazing prices, packaging, products and the extensive range. Smells like rose heaven.
Skinfood Peach Sake Emulsion:
I needed to pop my Skinfood cherry, and getting my first ever full sized emulsion was the way to go. Lightweight but buildable moisture. Smells so good it makes me hungry for peach bubble tea. I was super disappointed that they didn’t give me samples even after I asked them for some though. 😔
LoveMore Pearl Barley and Milk sheet mask:
Do I need a reason? LOL!
LoveMore masks are so raved about everywhere, it made me want to get some. Why I got one is because my dad came and sheetmaskshamed me and I was forced to reduce the amount of sheet masks I was buying..
BRTC, My Beauty Diary, Skinlite, Soo Beaute masks:
Obviously there was an amazing sale and I couldn’t not, I just COULDN’T NOT. I also really needed some aloe sheet masks in my repertoire because my skin 💜s aloe. Also the hydrogel mask looked pretty and I love eye masks. Hehe! 💕
My Scheming Crystal Whitening and Brightening Eye Mask:
Naruko sheet masks:
Pretty packaging, roses and other flowers all were factors that influenced my decision making. The sad amount of sheet masks again is because of the #sheetmaskshaming. 😢
Mediheal and Ettang masks:
I’ve always wanted to try more Mediheal masks because they’re usually pretty good, and they were also on sale hehehehe.
Modeling masks have always been in my to try list and I’m a little sad I didn’t get more flavors to try. They were pretty cheap too! Around $3 for each.
Hada Labo Gokujyun foam cleanser:
My first low pH cleanser, yay! It also foams by itself which is great, and the pump bottle has a lock which is also really great. After using it for a week, I began to fear the possibility of running out so I quickly grabbed another one! It was a good decision.
Sunplay UV body mist:
We need sun protection on our bodies too! But rubbing sunscreen for 7 hours on arms with hair on them is not an option in the morning, so using a spray sunscreen is super convenient and I love it, I’m not sure how much sun protection I’m actually getting but I’m in a bubble of oblivion and ain’t nothin poppin it.
Batiste Dry Shampoo:
Um, an alternative to washing hair every day + temporary nice smelling hair and rad volume? Get on me. My head specifically.
Neutrogena Lip Balm:
I need to give my lips some sun protection too! Especially because I see that it’s already done some damage on the edges of my bottom lip and has also darkened my top lip. If anyone knows solutions, HELP ME.
My dad got these two sets that had a sunscreen, mist and tiny bottle of cleanser each. He only wanted the sunscreens. Worry not, Father.
TonyMoly sheet masks:
I felt super guilty going to the TonyMoly store and looking around awkwardly and then leaving because I just wasn’t convinced, so I went ahead and grabbed a couple sheet masks and holy cow do they give samples. That made me go to the store on my last day and grab a couple more sheet masks haha! #noregrets #samplesRULE
Dermal sheet masks:
Not gonna lie, I bought them mainly because I wanted to do the 31 Days of Asian Beauty challenge on Instagram created by Samantha Pierce, but I didn’t have products with those key ingredients in them. No regrets because Dermal is bae.
Etude House AC Clinic Intense Pink Powder Spot and Spot patches:
I got a TFS version of the same product and I found it helped with acne, so I got the Etude House version and I’m so glad I did because free Q-tips. Lesson of the day: freebies are very enabling.
Also I got the spot patches because I wanted to give them another chance, but they still aren’t the best. Getting Cosrx ones soon!
Daiso Charcoal Peel Off Mask:
It was barely over a dollar, I couldn’t not.
Kiehl’s Blue Herbal Astringent Lotion:
Whenever my dad went to Malaysia for business trips or whatever reason he had to go, I’d make him get me a sample of this because it really helps control sebum in my very oily areas. This is actually super perfect for summer or almost all the time because humidity is ever present in my location. Ugh.
Also! This was technically free since my dad had a couple points in his Kiehl’s membership thingamabob that were going to expire.
Cosrx Natural BHA Skin Returning A-Sol:
I needed propolis and an acne spot treatment in my life, Cosrx to the rescue! I got this from Jolse but from their Amazon..um profile(?). Loving it so far!
Cosrx Advanced Snail 96 Mucin Power Essence:
Snails are wonderful and I was running out of my Mizon snail AIO cream. I need snails in my routine always. Spoiler alert: this stuff makes my skin so nice and soft. Love it!
The Body Shop things:
I got the Peach Body Butter because I wanted to match with the Skinfood emulsion. YASSSS now my face and body will smell the same — lovely.
The Fuji Green Tea Body Scrub’s packaging is super nice. And it smells super nice! And it probably exfoliates super nicely! Green tea body and skincare ftw.
Well, if you’ve made it here, congratulations. I love you now. Let’s elope and honeymoon at a Watson’s store. Hehe! As a little gift to you all, here is some glorious food porn:
Please stay tuned for more posts and reviews! I’m currently going back and forth from research and procrastination and studying for exams, but a sheet mask review megapost is due soon!
Have you hauled recently? OMG tell me all about it in the comments below!
Follow me on Instagram!
Follow me on BlogLovin!